CASA: A Solution that Works
Better Outcomes for Children
- CASA volunteers handle just one or two cases at a time, so they can give each child’s case sustained, personal attention.
- Children with CASA volunteers spend less time in long-term foster care, experience fewer out-of-home placement, and have significantly improved educational performance.
- More than 90 percent of children with CASA volunteers never re-enter the child welfare system, a significant difference compared to 87 percent of the general foster care population, resulting in significant savings in child welfare expenses.
- CASA volunteers save tens of millions of dollars in child welfare costs alone. Just 12 percent of children assigned a CASA volunteer remain in long-term foster care, compared to 16 percent of the general foster care population.
- The child welfare system could not afford to provide a comparable level of advocacy through non-volunteer approaches. In 2013, CASA volunteers contributed 5.75 million advocacy hours equivalent to almost $290 million in taxpayer dollars if compensated for their service. At CANO, our volunteers donated 2,430 hours and drove 30,800 miles in 2016.
- Return on investment: 75 to 1. Federal funding for one staff supervisory position within a local CASA program supports up to 30 trained volunteer workers, assigned to as many as 75 children within a year.
What a Donation to CASA Can Do
- Provide a CASA volunteer to advocate for a child’s best interests while he/she is in the foster care system.
- Empower CASA volunteers to gather details about a child’s case, communicate with all parties involved in the case, and prepare reports to represent the best interests of the child.
- Enable CASA volunteers to monitor all aspects of the child’s life to ensure his/her safety and report any concerns to the proper authorities.
- Help move a child through the juvenile judicial system as quickly as possible and help advance that child’s case towards a permanent and safe home.
Making a Donation
Your contribution to Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma will help support CASA volunteer advocates in their efforts to guide these children through the overburdened legal system to safe, permanent homes where they can thrive. Your tax deductible gift can help turn a life of hurt into one of hope.
Thank you for considering Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma for your charitable donation. Your generosity makes a tremendous difference in the lives of children in our area.
Donate by Mail
If you prefer to donate by mail, please mail your check to: Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma, 200 South Lynn Riggs Blvd., Claremore, OK 74017.
Contact us if you would like to learn more about becoming a corporate sponsor and other opportunities for businesses to assist the mission of our CASA Volunteers. Consider donating other resources to CANO, like advertising space, printing services, catering for events, office supplies, etc. Your in-kind donations can make a difference, too!
Matching Gifts and Workplace Giving
Does your company have a matching gift program? If so, double the impact of your donation to Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma through your company’s program or check to see if there are other employer campaigns which can enhance your giving to charitable organizations.
Your secure online donation will strengthen our network and help provide strong advocacy for every child who needs it. Use the “Donate Online” button below to make a contribution today!
Support CASA Through Boon Supply
Now through September 30th you can support us by shopping on Boon Supply. They offer a great selection of everyday household items. The best part is, they donate half of the cost to us! Make sure you follow the link above and make sure you share with friends and family!
Support CASA by Shopping at AmazonSmile
Help Us Tell Our Story
Contact us if you would be willing to help us tell “our story”. A member of our staff would love to share with your business, church, or professional group how CASA Volunteers are making a difference in the lives of children in northeast Oklahoma. Use this link to message us about setting up a time to present to your group or give us a call at 918-923-4570.
CASA Agency Earns GuideStar Platinum Seal of Transparency
Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma/CASA recently received the Platinum Seal of Transparency on our GuideStar profile.
GuideStar is the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations. More than 8 million visitors per year and a network of 200+ partners use GuideStar data to grow support for nonprofits.
In order to receive the Platinum Seal, Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma shared important information with the public using our profile on www.guidestar.org. Now our community members and potential donors can find in-depth information about our goals, strategies, capabilities, and progress. We’re shining a spotlight on the difference our CASA agency makes in northeastern Oklahoma.
Check out our GuideStar Nonprofit Profile: https://www.guidestar.org/profile/73-1482426.
GreatNonprofits Recognizes National CASA Association
Thanks to positive reviews by CASA and GAL volunteers around the country, the National CASA Association has been named a 2016 Top-Rated Nonprofit by GreatNonprofits.org. The awards have been in existence since 2009. The honor is equivalent to the people’s choice award for non-profits, where volunteers, donors and people served by a nonprofit organization can cast their vote in the form of a review to express their appreciation.
Seven out of 10 people say the presence of a rating badge increases their likelihood of giving to a nonprofit. Being recognized as a GreatNonprofits Top-Rated Nonprofit gives donors and volunteers more confidence in supporting the mission of National CASA. The recognition is earned based on the large number of positive reviews a charity receives from its volunteers, donors and beneficiaries.
“I have been involved as a volunteer in many non-profits over the years, but I have never felt that my work was more important than my time and effort spent as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for Children,” wrote one reviewer about her experience with a local program of National CASA. “I feel CASA has given me opportunities to use my talents and training to truly make the biggest differences in the lives of children who find themselves in the court system.”
Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma is a member agency of the United Way of Rogers and Mayes Counties and of Ottawa County United Way.