Applying to Become a CASA Volunteer
Applying to become a CASA volunteer includes two critical components: (1) an application and (2) a background check. Your application cannot be processed until both pieces are complete.
The application includes relevant information which will enable our staff to prepare for the screening interview. Please be prepared to provide:
- General information about yourself and your background
- A brief statement about why you would like to do this volunteer work
- Three references and their contact information
- Your employment and address history
Step 2: Click on the following link to download a PDF file of a child abuse and criminal background check authorization form to complete: Background Check Authorization 2018. (This is a universal form so some sections may not apply to you as a CASA volunteer in Oklahoma.)
Please fill in all appropriate fields, print, hand-sign, and submit by any of the following methods:
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 918-923-7232
- Mail to Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma at 658 S. Lynn Riggs Blvd., Claremore, OK 74017
All CASA volunteers and staff must pass a background check that includes criminal, child abuse and neglect, and driving records. Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma takes every precaution to ensure no one working with our organization poses a risk to children. Remember, we cannot assign a case until a background check has been processed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: CASA volunteer advocates must be at least 21 years of age.
Pre-Service Training Classes
CASA Training Class in Miami
Saturdays 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM / Jan 12, 19, 26 and Feb 2
Training Class Questions or to Register
Contact us with any questions you may have or to sign up for the next training class.